Millwall's Under 18s won the Professional Development League Cup Final at The Den on Wednesday night with a 3-1 after-extra-time win over Swansea City.

Frankie Maciocia and Kavalli Heywood (2) scored the goals as Larry McAvoy and Chris Perry's side clinched the trophy in SE16.

The usual suspects of Alfie Massey, Joshua Stephenson, Heywood, Jack Howland and more started the game against The Swans.

After a quiet opening, the first attempt on goal came with 13 minutes on the clock as the visitors made their way forward, but Caio Ifans' effort went wide of the far post.

Abdulahi Abdulazeez then worked Swansea goalkeeper Kit Margetson into a superb save at his near post on the 20-minute mark, whilst a dangerous cross from Cameron Llewellyn at the other end fortunately sailed out of play.

Some outrageous skill from Airmar Govea then set up a chance for The Swans on 25 minutes, however, The Lions managed to clear behind before Abdulazeez again worked Margetson; but the biggest chance to date then fell at the feet of Swansea, only for Albert Penney to make a superb, close-range stop.

On 34 minutes, however, The Swans were to take the lead as, despite Adedapo Olugbodi's clearance off the line from an initial shot, Woodward was there to poke home the rebound and open the scoring.

Abdulazeez's strike was then blocked as Millwall looked to get back on level terms, before a lapse in concentration from Penney saw him lose the ball from a Swansea corner, only for Jack Fanning to strike wide from the rebound as the goalkeeper lay on the floor.

Howland's vicious effort had to be blocked as the half-time whistle closed in, with Stephenson glancing a header wide from the resulting corner-kick in the final action of the half.

Christopher Ojemen's cross was headed towards goal by Heywood - but blocked - at the start of the second-half, but there was nothing Margetson could do about Maciocia's hit from 25 yards on 49 minutes, which sailed over the stopper and into the net, off the post, for the equaliser.

Stephenson then had to do some last-ditch defending to keep the scores level straight after, with Iestyn Jones then nodding at Penney as a cross made its way to the back post. More solid defensive play from Stephenson kept it at 1-1, before a bizarre moment saw the referee look to signal a goal as the ball bounced on the line, only for a foul to actually be given and The Lions let off the hook.

At the other end, Ojemen's cross was on a plate for Abdulazeez, but he headed wide, with a deep corner causing The Lions problems on 63 minutes, leading to Adedapo Olugbodu having to block a powerful effort.

Elidon O'Boyle was brought into play on 67 minutes and almost turned the ball home from a cross with his first touch, whilst Ifans fizzed a shot wide at the other end just moments later as both sides looked to take the lead. 

Harlan Perry then hit a half-volley wide and Llewellyn worked Penney as the final 10 minutes came into play, with both Stephenson and Maciocia having to get in the way of efforts as Swansea looked to find the decisive goal; a Millwall chance then came in the first of nine minutes of stoppage-time, but Howland struck over from Heywood's low cross.